I want to start this post by saying there are so many good books out there! But because there are so many I feel like it can be overwhelming to know which ones to get! So, I simply want you to think of this post as you and me sitting down over coffee, sharing some fun books we have come across! 🙂 Please feel free to leave some of your favorites in the comments below for everyone else to see!
(Just click on the title of the book and it will take you to the product link)
- Press Here. This is a fun interactive book that grandma introduced us to! If you haven’t seen it you should take a look 🙂
2. Here we Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth. This is a book we recently got that talks about how vast the universe is! Its a good and fun little introduction to the solar system, etc.
3. O’Shae the Octopus. This is a sweet book about an octopus who has two extra arms. He discovers “that although it can be hard for others to accept his differences, embracing what sets him a part can truly make him sensational”.
4. The Big Book of Bugs. I love books that are loaded with lots of fun pictures and learning! This is one of those books 🙂
5. This is How We Do it: One day in the lives of seven kids around the world. The title explains this book! A book about 7 kids in different parts of the world and what a day in their life looks like. When we went through this book my oldest was so interested that some people live in huts and eat such different foods! I want to start opening my kids eyes to the diversity there is in our world!
6. Cars and Trucks and Things That Go. Our favorite part about this book is finding Gold Bug on every page! He’s a sneaky little guy that can be hard, but fun, to find!
If you have a wee little one 🙂 Things That Go- Flip-a-Flap Book might be a good option!
7. The watermelon Seed. My sister got us into this book! My kids think this crocodile with a wild imagination is hilarious!
8. This Moose Belongs to Me. This is just a fun little book book about a boy and a moose! And the cover is so cute I use it as decoration in the boys room 😉
9. The Biggest Story: How the Snake Crusher Brings us Back to the Garden. This is such a good book on how all the stories of the Bible create an overarching message about God’s wonderful plan to redeem his rebellious people! “In The Biggest Story, Kevin DeYoung—a best-selling author and father of six—leads kids and parents alike on an exciting journey through the Bible, connecting the dots from the garden of Eden to Christ’s death on the cross to the new heaven and new earth.” It was even a good review and summary for me!
The Biggest Story ABC. This is a version for younger ones!
10. The Fox Wish. A sweet story of a little girl that shares her jump rope, to make the fox’s wish come true.
11. Nature Anatomy. A book full of fun ways to learn about nature! Sometimes I’ll open to a page and have the kids draw images from it!
Farm Anatomy. We don’t have the next two books but they are by the same author and look fun!
12. The 50 States. Its obvious what this book is about..but I just love books that are jam packed with fun learning opportunities!
It also has The 50 States Activity book that goes along with it. We don’t have it but its on my list!
13. Stars. A cute book about stars!
14.The Garden the Curtain and the Cross. This beautifully illustrated hardback book takes children on a journey from the garden of Eden to God’s prefect new creation!
15. Jayde the Jay Bird. “Come fly away with Jayde and see what happens when she finally gets the courage to sing loud enough for the whole forest to hear.”
16. Atlas of Animal Adventures. This book is all about animals!!
I’ve only looked through the Atlas of Animal Adventures Atlas of Adventures looks fun too!
I hope this gave you some ideas if you’re stuck in a book rut!! 😉